As we start to lean into fall (even in Florida where it's still hot), I find myself wanting more red wines. Which is funny, because I never was a red wine drinker when I did drink alcohol. This recipe, the Tinto de Verano, is like a bitter wine spritzer, and it's super easy to make. It's a popular drink in Spain, and literally translates to "summer red wine." I'd definitely consider it more of a spring or summer mocktail, but in Florida where it's still in the 90s, it's a nice way to transition into fall. The star of the show is this non alcoholic cabernet sauvignon from ALLAY that we have been loving.
- 4 oz non alcoholic red wine like this cabernet sauvignon from ALLAY
- 3ish oz seltzer like this AVEC Yuzu Lime
- 2 droppers All The Bitter Orange Bitters
- 2 droppers All The Bitter New Orleans Bitters
- (Optional) squeeze of lime juice
How to Make Zero Proof Tinto de Verano
- Pour your non alcoholic red wine into a glass with ice. Add seltzer and bitters and give it a stir.
- Garnish with a lime wheel, orange wheel, or whatever you've got!